International Data Spaces Association
The International Data Spaces Association (IDSA) is driving the development of a data sovereignty standard for trusted, self-determined data sharing. The non-profit European association has more than 100 members from numerous industries, ICT and research in 20 predominantly European countries.
Digital transformation is a key factor for the success of companies worldwide. The IDSA ensures that the interests of business are specifically integrated into the research work of the International Data Space and that companies can then also access the results of the research.
The basis for this is a reference architecture model that was developed by twelve institutes of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft as part of the research project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
The specification forms the basis for data ecosystems and marketplaces based on European values, i.e. data protection and security, equal opportunities through a federated design, and ensuring data sovereignty for the originator of the data and trust between the participants.
With the “IDS_ready” certificate, the International Data Spaces are now ready for commercial use in industry.
The work is closely interlinked and coordinated with related bodies and initiatives such as the “Plattform Industrie 4.0”, the “Industrial Internet Consortium” and the “Trusted IoT Alliance”.
Our services for the International Data Spaces Association
- Establishment and maintenance of networks for business, research and multipliers
- Establishment and support of expert networks and cluster structures
- Business management for large innovation networks
- Operation of the office
- Marketing and communication
- Initiation and development of cross-company research and innovation projects through funding consulting, consortium building and process support
- Integration into major industry-relevant events